Hosts: Brian and Trisha Barkley and Family
The 825 tap Barkley family sugarbush is located 8km south of Chesterville. Four generations have been involved since 1974. Our sugar bush combines honoured traditions with new technology-step back in time as you see and smell maple syrup being made on the wood-fired evaporator in our 1860’s log building. Maples are only one part of this special forest -resident pileated woodpeckers, nesting barred owls, and towering hemlocks are present. Our wildlife and bird-friendly sugarbush is managed sustainably and tapped carefully so that future generations can continue to enjoy it.
Highlights for Your Visit
- See how maple syrup is made-if the sap is running we will be boiling!
- Taste samples of maple products available for sale
- Enjoy taffy on the snow-a sugaring-off tradition
- Our special guest for Maple Weekend 2017 will be Ian Plummer of Uncle Eddie’s Food Services Inc. @New Target Grill selling tasty food and maple-inspired creations from 10:00am to 3:00pm each day
- Follow us on Facebook -Barkleyvale Farms Maple Products- for updates and further details
Our entrance is located at the intersection of County Road 8 and MacKenzie Road, South Dundas, 8km south of Chesterville. Park along the county road and visitors can take the wagon shuttle to the sugar hut on the half hour.
Click on any image to see a large version.