Hosts: Brian and Trisha Barkley and Family
The 825 tap Barkley family sugarbush is located 8km south of Chesterville. Four generations have been involved since 1974. Our sugar bush combines honoured traditions with new technology-step back in time as you see and smell maple syrup being made on the wood-fired evaporator in our 1860’s log building. Maples are only one part of this special forest -resident pileated woodpeckers, nesting barred owls, and towering hemlocks are present. Our wildlife and bird-friendly sugarbush is managed sustainably and tapped carefully so that future generations can continue to enjoy it.
Highlights for Your Visit
- Enjoy a wagon-ride into the sugarbush
- See how maple syrup is made-if the sap is running we will be boiling!
- Taste samples of maple products available for sale
- Enjoy taffy on the snow-a sugaring-off tradition
- Our special guest again this year will be Ian Plummer of Uncle Eddie’s New Target Grill selling tasty food such as poutine, sausages, French toast and other maple-inspired creations
- Follow us on Facebook –Barkleyvale Farms Maple Products– for updates and further details
The Sugarbush entrance is 4 km east of Elma or 8km south of Chesterville
At the intersection of County Road 8 and Mackenzie Road, Municipality of South Dundas-watch for the signs.
GPS coordinates: 45.033722,-75.186972
Parking space in the sugarbush is limited so please park along the county road and enjoy the wagon ride to the sugar hut or… savour the sights and sounds of spring on your short walk in (800 metres).
Click on any image to see a large version.