Hosts: David & Brenda Fairbairn
We are a local maple syrup producer with 2,800 taps, located 8km from Almonte. The business is owned and operated by us, David and Brenda Fairbairn, and we have been making syrup since 1994. All of our maple syrup is hand crafted the traditional way on a wood fired evaporator, using modern food grade equipment. All products produced and sold come from the sap harvested from our sustainably managed sugar bush.
We take pride in applying best management practices to ensure a high quality product that meets or exceeds all of your expectations. Our production facilities and practices are registered with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency and meet federal food safety requirements. While not certified, over the past 20 years we have followed organic production practices. For more information, visit our website.
Highlights for Your Visit
- Visit our traditional small farm sugarhouse
- Observe the operation of our 2.5 X 10 wood-burning evaporator and enjoy the sweet smell of boiling sap
- Sample our products and learn how maple syrup is made
- Enjoy the taste of fresh made syrup
- Maple candy and sugar will also be available
- Tour our facilities and learn more about the process of making maple syrup
- Refreshments will be served
Click on any image to see a large version.