Hosts: Bill Gibbons (Father) & Sarah Gibbons (Daughter)
Gibbons Maple Sugar House is a father and daughter business, producing quality 100% pure maple syrup by using a mix of traditional and modern equipment. With a sugar bush of just under 5,000 taps, we collect the maple sap and boil it down in a wood burning evaporator. Bill became interested in maple syrup in 1971 however it was not until he retired from dairy farming in 1994 that his hobby could become a business. Sarah returned home one year to give a hand, and more than ten-years later is now the ‘new’ boss while Bill is now the ‘old/retiring’ boss!
We welcome you to visit us on Maple Weekend; open both days 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Looking for a place to eat before or after your visit? May we suggest dining at a local restaurant serving Gibbons maple syrup for a maple meal; please see options below in ‘Highlights for Your Visit’. Our sugar house and farm gate store is open year round. We can also be found at the Brockville Farmer’s Market and Gananoque Farmer’s Market (May to October).
Highlights for Your Visit
- Maple Taffy on Snow – free (Saturday)
- If there is sap, we will be boiling – watch us in action!
- Tours of working sugar house with wood-fired evaporator
- Taste sampling – maple syrup, maple products – free
- Walk to the maple bush
- Check out the outdoor art sculptures
- Dine at a local restaurant serving Gibbons maple syrup
- Breakfast options: Main Street Restaurant (Merrickville), Rapid Valley Restaurant (Lansdowne), Georgian Dragon Pub (Brockville), The Socialist Pig (Gananoque)
- Dinner options: The Mill Restaurant (Brockville)
Click on any image to see a large version.