Hosts: Diane and Glenn Stead, Ryan and Kristi
A family tradition since 1952, we built the new sugar camp in 1990. We still use a traditional wood-fired evaporator with an oil-fired finishing pan, all of our pans are stainless steel. With a touch of modernization throughout the camp and bush, we have 3,700 taps mostly on pipeline and drawn into seven collecting stations in the bush.
We make all grades of maple syrup and also make your favourite maple treats such as, maple butter, maple jelly, maple sugar candy and more. We sell maple products during the maple season at the sugar camp, but continue to sell them at our farm year round.
Visitors are always welcome!
Highlights for Your Visit
- Free taste of maple products
- Self guided tours of the bush
- Observe the wood-fire evaporator in action (weather permitting)
- Demonstrate the syrup grading process
- Pioneer artifacts on display, including a boiling kettle on open fire
Stead’s Maple Syrup
5692 Highway 511
Lanark (Hopetown), ON K0G 1K0
Click on any image to see large version.