Hosts: Ray and Carol Anne Bonenberg
Ray and Carol Anne Bonenberg have been making maple syrup in Renfrew County since 1998 and have combined the modern tools necessary to make high quality maple syrup with traditional techniques. Using a wood fired evaporator, along with sustainable forest practices, Mapleside Sugar Bush has demonstrated what it takes to make award winning products. The sugar bush is certified under the Forest Stewardship Council third party certification which ensures that all aspects of the production process meet high standards. A 1500 tap operation, Mapleside Sugar Bush is located off Hwy 41 between Pembroke and Eganville immediately south of the community of Rankin.
Highlights for Your Visit
- Tours of the sugar bush and watch the evaporator boil! ( wear boots!)
- Rustic gift shop and maple syrup products
- Free taffy on snow and maple samples
- Families can enjoy an open fire with steaming maple kettle
- Sugar house wheel chair accessible
- Maple themed lunch (pancakes, maple brown beans, sausage) provided at a cost. 11:00-2:00, Catered by Dreams Catering.
- Hours 10:00 – 4:00 each day
166 Reiche Road
(enter North Algona Wilberforce twp in GPS) off Green Lake Rd
Pembroke, ON K8A 6W4
Click on any image to see a large version.