Hosts: Wilfred & Dorcas Schmidt
We started with maple syrup in 2004 with 25 buckets and boiled over an open fire. Over the next ten years we added more taps and improved our boil equipment. In 2014 we made a number of big changes. We built a new sugar house, installed a new 4’x14′ evaporator, and sap vacuum collection system for 1150 taps. In 2018 we added an R.O. and more taps for a total of 2400 taps.
We are pleased to announce that we have been given “Producer of the year award” for 2019. We endeavor to make quality products for your enjoyment.
Highlights for Your Visit
- Sample our products and learn how maple syrup is made.
- Enjoy the taste of fresh maple syrup.
- Maple syrup, candy, sugar, maple butter and maple floss will also be available.
- Free refreshments served all day
- Sugar house has easy access.
Hours: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm – Saturday Only
By appointment during the syrup season
Schmidt’s Family Syrup
4780 Rd 104
New Hamburg, ON N3A 3W5
Click on any image to see a large version.